Things To Do in York, PA
Four Points by Sheraton York is located mere minutes away from everything important to a successful vacation or business trip. There is so much to do, so we have put together a list of things to do in York, PA during your stay at Four Points York. Visit the Harley Davidson Factory or the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, enjoy shopping in York, PA, tee off at an area York, PA golf course, or explore historic downtown York and nearby neighborhoods such as Lancaster County, Hershey, and Gettysburg.
- American Music Theater
- Baltimore Inner Harbor
- Christmas Tree Hill in the Mansion
- Gettysburg National Military Park
- Harley Davidson Museum
- Indian Steps Museum
- Maize Quest Fun Park
- Naylor Wine Cellars
- Pennsylvania Amish Country
- Police Heritage Museum, Inc.
- Santander Stadium
- Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center
- The York City Ice Arena
- Wolfgang Candy Company
How To Get Here
- Indian Steps Museum - This Native American museum tells stories of indigenous inhabitants and is home to more than 10,000 artifacts.
- Police Heritage Museum, Inc. - Ever wonder what law enforcement was like two hundred years ago? The Police Heritage Museum is dedicated to the preservation of police artifacts, so you can see for yourself.
- American Music Theater - From Broadway shows to comedy club performers and rock concerts, this theater has it all. This 1,600 seat theater is the ultimate place for entertainment, hosting over 300 live concerts and performances a year.
- Sight and Sound Theater - This unique theater illustrates Biblical stories through live stage productions.
- Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center - Come visit this unique theater, which encompasses two historic theaters in one, for live entertainment, Broadway productions, family shows, live music, and more.
- The Pullo Center - This $11.9 million dollar facility is able to seat 1,016 while still providing the intimacy of a smaller theater by integrating a full mezzanine and several seating areas. This theater is home to many touring shows, comedy and concert events, cultural and educational shows, and more.
- Wolfgang Candy - This family company, founded in 1921, is the oldest candy fundraising business in the United States. Visit them and take a fun factory tour to see how their candy is made.
- Christmas Tree Hill in the Mansion - Celebrate Christmas by visiting Revolutionary War era Mansion and fall in love with their beautiful and unique home accessories, collectables, candles, and more.
- Naylor's Winery - A winery and vineyard tour is the perfect relaxing activity during any trip. Tours are available by appointment only.
- Gettysburg Battlefield - A major turning point in the Civil War took place at the Battle of Gettysburg, where the Union victoriously ended Robert E Lee’s second invasion of the North. Visit this historic battle field to have fun while learning more about the Civil War and the United States’ history.
- Maize Quest Fun Park - Enjoy a fun outing at Maize Quest. With their life-sized mazes and puzzles, it is the ideal place the whole family can enjoy.
- Mason Dixon Wine Trail - Visit over 20 family-owned wineries for the ultimate wine tasting experience at the Tour de Tanks.
- Harley-Davidson Factory Tour - Explore the factory that manufactures and assembles Harley-Davison vehicles. You’ll even get the chance to sit on the current production motorcycle during the tour.
Parks and Recreation
- Hersheypark - Hersheypark is an amusement park the whole family can truly enjoy. With 11 roller coasters and over 65 rides, including kiddie toys, this is the ideal outing for people of all ages.
- Santander Stadium - Once known as the Sovereign Bank Stadium, Santander Stadium is home to the York Revolution baseball team. This stadium isn’t just a baseball park, it also features concerts.
- Bob Hoffman Sports Complex - This 74 acre park, 9 softball fields, offers a variety of active facilities, including softball facilities, sand volleyball courts, batting cages, and more.
- York City Ice Arena - This ice rink is a wonderful, active outing for all to enjoy. The York City Ice Arena is the area’s major ice skating rink for public skating, figure skating, and hockey programs.
- Downtown Historic York - Take a trip back in time by taking York County Heritage Trust’s tour. With this guided tour, you’ll get to see live history demonstrations, visit a replica of a Civil War-era train, and more.
- Pennsylvania Amish Country - The Lancaster County Amish settlement is America’s oldest Amish community. Take a step back in time and experience a more peaceful life where transportation consists of horses and buggies and where windmills are found throughout the landscape.
- Baltimore Inner Harbor - Take a quick trip to visit Baltimore Inner Harbor, one of the most photographed and visited seaports in the Northeast. Here, one can enjoy a variety of fine dining, cultural experiences, an exciting nightlife, and more.