Things to do in Gettysburg, PA
Four Points by Sheraton York is just an hour trip from one of the most historical cities in the United States, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. With so much to do and see, we have compiled a list of things to do in Gettysburg, PA during your stay at Four Points York. Walk where President Abraham Lincoln has walked or take part in the Annual Gettysburg Reenactment, whatever you choose, it will be sure to please.
- American Civil War Museum
- Annual Gettysburg Reenactment
- Gettysburg Community Theater
- Gettysburg Family Amusement Complex
- Gettysburg Museum of History
- Gettysburg National Military Park
- Gettysburg Railroad Station Museum
- Ghosts of Gettysburg
- The Links at Gettysburg Golf Course
- The Majestic Theater
- The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg
How To Get Here
- Gettysburg Battlefield - A major turning point in the Civil War took place at the Battle of Gettysburg, where the Union victoriously ended Robert E Lee’s second invasion of the North. Visit this historic battle field to have fun while learning more about the Civil War and the United States’ history.
- Ghosts of Gettysburg - With so many deaths that took place in Gettysburg, PA, there’s bound to be a lot of ghost stories that come with it. Take the guided Ghosts of Gettysburg tour for ghost stories and tales.
- Annual Gettysburg Reenactment - Relive the most major turning point that took place in Civil War. Have fun and learn more about the famous battle that ended Robert E. Lee’s second attempted at invading the North.
- Gettysburg Museum of History - This museum has been able to encompass all areas of American history, from George Washington to JFK. With over 4,000 artifacts on display, this museum is sure to amaze.
- American Civil War Museum - Learn about the Civil War in a new way: this wax museum presents the Battle of Gettysburg and the Civil War era with the utmost use of realism.
- Gettysburg Railroad Station Museum - Visit the very place that President Abraham Lincoln’s point of arrival and departure took place before and after delivering the Gettysburg Address. The famous station-turned-museum is a must see for history buffs, complete with models, artifacts, exhibits, and diagrams free for the public.
- The Majestic Theater - Restored in 2005, this theater is the place to visit for a variety of cinema and performing arts.
- Gettysburg Community Theater - Come visit this cozy, intimate theater for a fun outing enjoying local community productions.
- Gettysburg Family Amusement Complex - If you’re searching for fun then look no further, Gettysburg Amusement Complex is the place to be. This large indoor and outdoor complex consists of two mini golf courses, a video arcade center, a café and snack shop, two go kart tracks, indoor sports field, large picnic pavilion, and more.
- The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg - While you’re traveling, it’s inevitable that you’ll shop, so you might as well try to save as much as possible. Buy direct from brand name designers at the Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- The Links at Gettysburg Golf Course - Spend a morning of afternoon teeing off at one of Pennsylvania’s finest public golf courses. Ranked #6 in the state by Golfweek Magazine, this course is sure to please.